Humidifier system malfunction creates ‘unusual odor’ at Main Kids’s Hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire crews were called out Monday after a “strange smell” was detected in the east wing of Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City.
According to a statement from the hospital, caregivers started noticing the smell around 3 am
The fire department responded to the scene to assess the problem, but could find no issues at the time, according to Beeby.
After further investigating, it was determined that a humidifier system had malfunctioned, causing the strange odor to appear.
Fortunately, the issue was fixed and the hospital returned back to normal.
“No evacuations were required, but some patients were briefly moved to other rooms while inspections occurred,” read the statement.