USD 428 schedules summer season upkeep
Great Bend USD 428 has prepared its list of summer maintenance projects, but replacing the air handler at Lincoln Elementary School may have to wait because of supply chain issues, Superintendent Khris Thexton said.
A rooftop unit was ordered in October but it hasn’t come in yet, so that project may be moved to 2023.
The gym floors at Jefferson and Lincoln elementary schools are scheduled for repair and refinishing but Thexton said the district has been struggling to get bids.
The superintendent presented the project list at last Monday’s board of education meeting. The list was developed with input from Maintenance and Custodians Director Dirk Davis.
There’s also a shorter list from Grounds and Transportation Director Cody Schmidt, that includes replacing a parking lot on the north side of Great Bend High School, sidewalk repairs as needed, and replacing old fencing around Lincoln and Jefferson schools.
In addition to that, Thexton said he and Ryan Axman, the district’s director of technology, have been working with Nex-Tech on looking into adding keyless entry systems at some buildings.
The summer project list at all buildings includes mowing and landscaping, as well as:
• Preventative maintenance on all rooftop units for heating, ventilation and air conditioning and exhaust fans, replacing items as needed
• Inspect and repair roofs, gutters and downspouts, seal leaking seams and remove debris
• Interior deep cleaning, shampoo carpets, wax floors, etc.
• Interior and exterior, paint as needed; add LED lighting upgrades
• Add bottle fill stations
• Replace Plexiglas outside mural case
• Replace restroom fixtures as needed
Other projects include:
• Eisenhower – add one maintenance coat of finish to the gym floor
• Jefferson – repair/replace a counter top in the kitchen; replace staff partitions in a boys restroom
• Lincoln – replace boiler, condensing unit and air handler for the library and kindergarten (to be determined)
• Park – add one coat of finish to the gym floor; install a door to the conference room off of the principal’s office (there was a door there at one time)
• Riley – remove sliding partition wall between rooms 153 and 154 and erect permanent wall with electrical
• GBMS – scrub and recoat north and south gyms; replace dark scuffed luxury vinyl tile (LVT) under warranty in the commons; replace vinyl composition tile (VCT) with LVT in the nurses office; paint exterior of the fieldhouse and replace doors on public restrooms; inspect goal raisers and bleachers in north and south gyms
• GBHS – repair/replace plywood flooring and paint the stage; patch and paint holes in ceiling by light bar in the auditorium; repair/replace tile floor in locker rooms; inspect goal raisers and bleachers in the gym
• PAC/Fieldhouse – scrub and recoat gym floor; replace counter tops in PAC locker rooms; replace carpet at the fieldhouse locker rooms; replace carpet at fieldhouse offices; inspect goal raisers and bleachers at PAC
• Soccer House – repair and paint exterior; inside, replace sink, cabinet and counter top